Sunday, May 29, 2011

Why Does it Matter?

"What religion are you?"....
"Why does it matter?"



Some things have happened recently, as well as in the past, hell it happens all the time, but anyways, to stay on point, that have made me really wonder... Why does it matter? I am really upset about people making snap decisions about someone based on what religion they are. How is that even fair? Because they aren't the same religion as you they are not good enough? Not Christian enough? Not Buddhist enough? LOL! I mean it is getting ridiculous. There are all these religions, and yes, most are God based, so the main beliefs are the same, yet they all think each other are wrong.... Have people just thrown rational thinking right out the window these days? I mean really?


So I have done something. I don't write down, or say exactly what religion I am. I keep it vague, and just sit back and see. What has happened, surprisingly, is that most people act like I am not good enough, or just not a good person. And yes, sadly it has been the fact that I am not Christian enough. Not that I wasn't Janeist enough, or Taoist enough. I as a younger American, see all these people, who treat others badly, or feel they just aren't that great pf a person, based on their assumptions of what that person believes. It is a sad thing. And as most of the people around are Christian, they are generally the one's making the biggest impact, or noticeable at least.  I know many a good Christan, went to Church with many a good Christian, and I also know many Christians that are biased, ignorant, arrogant, and give Christianity a bad name. Now I keep blogging, and you keep seeing bad Christian happenings on the news. Well I simply ask... Where are the good Christians? You hear news about homosexuality all the time, and you see gay people come together and fight it. But do you ever really see or hear of any Christians coming forth asking for a little kindness to be given? The Pope is held accountable for his actions and his words, well so are people in general. That is pretty much a part of belonging to a society.


What I have gotten out of the past few years is that if you are not constantly talking about God, and quoting scripture, well, you just aren't up to par.


Well I am sorry if I am not as religious as you, not as verbal as you, not so in people's space as you, and let it rule my life so much that I can't see the humor in things anymore.


All I am really saying is this: you don't have to shove religion down people's throats, it's not going to change a thing. You can respect people who have different levels of faith, or different faiths at all for that matter. Just because what you do works for you, doesn't mean it is for everyone.


How about a little kindness.

I am adding a little edit here, after quickly surfing the net.... If you are Christian/Catholic, this should make you sad, but maybe it needs to be heard to bring about some sort of action of good.

"Ugh. I was raised a Roman-Catholic, and abandoned my faith when I was 12 for reasons I don't often share. People like her (a woman on youtube)  are what make me ashamed to admit I was once religious. I know that her kind are a minority, but that minority sure do a good job at making the majority all look like narrow minded fuckheads."

I couldn't say it better myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment